This is an Italian favourite! Try it out for yourself!
- 3 eggs
- 100gr of sugar
- 100gr of butter at room temperature
- 300-320 gr of flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 200g of jam (or Nutella if you prefer)
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, then add the sugar and mix until creamy.
- Little by little, add flour. Next mix in butter.
- In a final step, add baking powder and keep on mixing very well.
- Grease your mold (32cm) and sprinkle it with a little flour. Roll out one part of the dough and place it into the mold. With the remaining part, you will decorate the top of the crostata.
- Spread 200gr of jam or Nutella on top of the dough.
- Take the leftover dough, roll it out and cut into strips of equal width to decorate the crostata – if you like, you can also decorate using shapes such as stars. Put on top of the spread out jam/Nutella.
- Bake in a preheated (180°) oven for 30 minutes.
The crostata is best served with some powdered sugar on top!