To me, there is nothing more beautiful than turning nature’s fruits into delicacies! That is why I like to prepare homemade jams for my guests at Casa di Adua. Here below, I share my recipe for strawberry jam.
- 1kg of strawberries
- 800gr of sugar
- Lemon juice of 1 lemon (about 50 ml)
- You will also need a big pot and small jars of glass.
- Wash the strawberries and cut them into chunks
- Put the chunks of strawberries in a large pot and heat it at a low temperature. Stir constantly while you add sugar and lemon juice.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Now it’s time for the so-called “saucer test”. To test if your jam has the right consistency, take a small portion of jam and put it in the fridge for about 3 minutes. Like what you see? Go to the next step! If not, continue to cook the jam for a few more minutes.
- Before putting the jam in the jars, make sure they are sterile. Once inside, close off the jars tightly and turn them upside down in order to cool.
- Once they have cooled, cover the jars with a cloth – do not turn the jars! By putting the cloth, you prevent the jars from breaking.
- You are not there yet! Next, place the jars on the bottom of the pot, on top of the cloth, and fill the pot with water, until the jars are covered with it. Turn on the heat until the water boils. Let it cook for another 20 minutes.
- Now turn off the heat and let the jars cool. After this step, you can take them out of the pot and turn the jars with their cap upwards.
Once all work is done, what will you combine the jam with? Cake, yoghurt, or as filling?